January 2021 - Honduras Medical/Dental Mission Trip - CANCELLED
Honduras January 2021: Medical/Dental -- CANCELLED
COVID -19 UPDATE: Leaders and healthcare providers with Luke 9:2 Ministries have been closely monitoring the current COVID-19 pandemic. Currently there are numerous travel restrictions both to the country of Honduras and even within the country itself. Additionally, the ministry leadership recognizes that many of our healthcare volunteers are currently working extremely hard on the frontline fighting the COVID-19 pandemic right here in the U.S. and may be limited in their ability to take time off work to serve as volunteers on our mission trips.
Therefore, out of utmost caution for the health and safety of our volunteers and out of respect for the extraordinary efforts of our healthcare personnel, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the January 2021 Medical/Dental mission trip.
Please be assured that we are continuing to support our in-country volunteers with financial support and fresh supplies of medications. We are continuing to pray that we will be able to safely resume our Medical/Dental mission trips as soon as possible. For more information on all the work that Luke 9:2 Ministries is doing in Honduras, please visit our website at www.luke9-2ministries.org.
|$200.00||Deposit Due 9/15/2020|
Aug 16 2020
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM CDT
Information Meeting #1
One-hour informational meeting to introduce the mission, review goals of the trip, and answer questions from potential team members. Anyone interested in potentially serving with Luke 9:2 Ministries is invited to attend. We will be meeting in the CRC building at Crievewood Baptst Church (located on the west side of the church).
Jan 9 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST
Pill Packing & Team Meeting
Join other team members as well as approximately 100 local volunteers to pack medications, supplies, prosthetics, and eyeglasses for the January 2021 Medical/Dental Mission Trip. Following the pill-packing event, the entire team will meet for last minute trip preparations and review.
- Passport (not expiring in the next 6 months)
- Completed and approved application
- Donation in full ($TBD)
- Current vaccinations for international travel (age-appropriate)
- Documentation of healthcare license or certificate (if applicable)
- Participate actively in daily clinics
- Help with set-up and clean-up for each clinic
- Function as a team-player
- Attend all daily devotionals and nightly report-back sessions
- Watch informational online videos as preparation for the trip
- Participate in-person (or online if necessary) in Team Meetings as determined by Trip Leader and Medical Director
- Participate in Pill Packing Event - January, 2021 9am-1pm (optional for out-of-town volunteers)
- 12 years or older
- Ensure vaccines are up to date